Sunday, November 1, 2015

Progress Report 2 (11-1-15)

Progress:


  • The headset has been ordered, which is extremely exciting (thank you Mr. Lin!)
  • I will be working with the Insight, and now there is a clearer goal in mind for the project
  • More posts have been made on the Emotiv forum, and I have emailed my remaining confusions to their account
  • The framework for the app has begun, and there should be a concrete set of code that I will post soon
  • I have watched various tutorials for the kind of app I want to make, so a good portion of my reviewing has been completed already

Problems:

  • I have not received any responses from the Emotiv forum, but the questions I posted are not too important (this isn't a major problem, just an annoyance)
  • I need to refresh a bit more on app design, as it has been a while since I've worked with Objective-C
  • I do not think I can use Swift since all the example code is in Objective-C (I might be able to just translate it into Swift if necessary)
  • The headset will ship out in 3 weeks, which is a long period of time.

Plan:

I will use this next week to design the app and get something up and running to test. I can use Tuesday to my advantage, as we will not be having school. Also, on Tuesday I am touring an app development company, which could only benefit my endeavors on this project. Reviewing and such is important, but as of now it is not my key objective. I need to remember to post an updated Gantt chart. The present Gantt chart does not accurately reflect the work I have done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment